Briercrest College offers the Exemplary Student Scholarship to individuals who are attending private Christian high schools and have been referred by their principal as the exemplary student in their graduating year. The student selected for this scholarship must have maintained a high level of academic achievement in their graduating class (85% or higher overall academic average) as well as demonstrated exemplary Christian character.
The Exemplary Student Scholarship is intended for students planning to complete a Bachelor degree at Briercrest. The amount is fixed at $5000 and disbursed over 3 successive years as follows: year 1 - $1000, year 2 - $2000, year 3 - $2000.
Information for Principals
In many instances, this scholarship will be awarded to a school’s valedictorian. In some instances, the principal may choose to award it to a student who fits the criteria but is not the valedictorian for their school. There is a limit of one scholarship per school per year.
In order for this scholarship to be offered, the high school must be operating as a private Christian high school that awards provincially accredited high school diplomas to its graduates.
The recipient must apply to Briercrest College and meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have maintained a high level of academic achievement in their graduating class (85% or higher overall academic average) as well as demonstrated exemplary Christian character
- Have been referred by their school’s principal
- Official acceptance to Briercrest College (pending final official transcript review), meeting Briercrest College and Seminary Admissions requirements
- Intending to complete a Bachelor degree
- The recipient must enrol in Briercrest College the fall semester immediately following their graduation from High School
- The recipient must be studying full-time on-campus at Briercrest in Caronport, Saskatchewan. Programs taken through Distance Education, 1 year certificate programs, and study abroad programs do not qualify
- Students awarded the Exemplary Student Scholarship must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 each semester
- Students must be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester
- Students must maintain good standing in all areas
Please submit the Christian High School Exemplary Student Scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-756-5504. All applications will be reviewed for eligibility and an award letter will be sent to the recipient and the referring principal.