We strongly recommend the following application deadlines for American Students:
- For September enrolment, applications must be received by July 1
- For January enrolment, applications must be received by November 1
Read the general Admission Requirements before proceeding.
Read the Academic Admission Requirements (below) before proceeding.
Read the Financial Information (below) before proceeding.
Read the Program and Student Loans Restrictions (below) before proceeding.
Academic Admission Requirements
Students must have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 60 per cent (2.0 GPA) in four academic Grade 12 courses including at least one academic English course. Your SAT or ACT scores must also be submitted.
Tests are available online at the following:
- SAT - www.collegeboard.org
- SAT minimum score required for admission is 1150.
- SAT scores must be mailed to:
510 College Drive, Caronport SK S0H 0S0 Canada
- ACT - www.act.org
- ACT minimum score required for admission is 22.
- Briercrest school code for ACT is 5206
At Briercrest College and Seminary, international students attending the college and/or seminary are charged the same tuition and fees as Canadian students! Likewise, the refund schedule follows the same schedule as for Canadian students.
See these pages for more information on:
Be sure to let your Admissions Adviser know if you are planning to apply for US financial aid or if you have funding from another government source (e.g., veteran’s benefit).
Briercrest Programs and US Financial Aid Restrictions
International students (including Americans) cannot apply for our Kaléo program. American students receiving US Financial Aid cannot take online or distance courses. US Financial Aid will not be granted for one-year Certificate programs at Briercrest.
Submit your Briercrest application
Complete the Online Application Form and pay the $50 non-refundable application fee (in Canadian dollars).
Submit transcripts from high school and from any other post-secondary education taken.
*Faxed or emailed copies of your high school transcripts will not be accepted as official copies.
*Please note that the Briercrest College Admission Office reserves the right to request additional information from any applicant.
Deposit your $200 confirmation fee.
This $200 confirmation fee will allow us to give you access to course registration and allow us to issue your letter of acceptance.
Prepare documents for your study permit application
- Once accepted, your letter of acceptance and cost of attendance letter will be sent to you. You will need these to apply for your study permit with the Government of Canada.
- Learn more about study permits and what’s needed here.
- NOTE: You will receive a letter of introduction from the Government of Canada once your application has been approved. Please note that this is NOT your study permit. Study permits are given at customs/borders.
Reminder: Ensure you have all necessary documentations before crossing the border.
- Your passport (required for air travel and recommended for your first-time crossing the border and in case of emergencies).
- A Passport Card or Enhanced Drivers License may be used for travel by land.
- Your letter of introduction provided by the Government of Canada
- Your Briercrest acceptance letter and cost of attendance letter
- Your proof of funds