Briercrest regularly uses feedback from our students in order to improve its education. Looking at our annual alumni surveys, student satisfaction surveys, course evaluations, graduating student portfolios and interviews, and reports to our accreditors, we work to identify what we’re doing well and what we need to improve. Some of the highlights of our findings are published here. This is all done to strengthen and support the mission of Briercrest…
Briercrest is a community of learning that calls students to seek the kingdom of God, to be shaped profoundly by the scriptures, and to be formed spiritually and intellectually for lives of service.
Strong Academic Outcomes
- 91% are satisfied with how they are able to experience intellectual growth at Briercrest.
- 93% believe faculty are knowledgeable in their fields.
- Students gave their classes a rating of 88% for meeting their stated objectives.
- 87% said they would recommend their instructors to other students.
- 61% of new students returned to Briercrest for a second year. 74% of all other non-graduating students returned to Briercrest the following year.
Kingdom Life Emphasis
- 88% said that Briercrest contributed to their spiritual growth and walk with the Lord.
- 87% believe Briercrest prepared them for participation in the local church.
- 78% are currently connected to a local church.
- 85% believe their instructors helped them grapple with the implications of the course material for themselves, the church, and the world.
Supportive Learning Environment
- 87% are satisfied with their overall experience at Briercrest.
- 95% indicated that it’s important the campus is safe and secure for all, and students gave Briercrest a satisfaction rating of 90% for this.
- Our staff and faculty are very caring and helpful, receiving ratings of 88% for faculty, 89% for Library staff, 89% for academic advisors, 89% for counselling services staff, and 90% for campus staff in general.
- 85% of bachelor’s graduates said they are currently employed, with 90% of those graduates indicating their Briercrest education was useful to their current work. 88% are satisfied with their current job.
- 43% of students graduated from a Briercrest program.
- 48% of bachelor’s graduates have pursued further education. 88% of these graduates believe their Briercrest bachelor’s program prepared them well academically for further education.
The above information is drawn from the fall 2022 Student Satisfaction Inventory survey, our 2022 Alumni Survey (sent to graduates of 2012, 2017, 2020, and 2022), and internal data produced by the Registar's Office.
- 2018 Survey Results - Results from Campus Rankings, the National Survey of Student Engagement, and our 2018 Alumni Survey