The prayers of faithful men and women in the village of Briercrest, Saskatchewan, and God’s faithfulness inresponding to their petitions led to the opening of the college on October 19, 1935. The purchase of the 160-acre Caron Airport (a former Royal Air Force base) in 1946 provided the college with a number of buildings and ample room for expansion. Briercrest Christian Academy and Caronport Elementary School opened that same year.
Only a few of the original buildings remain; the rest have been replaced by new facilities. A distance le
arning program began in the college in 1979, and our seminary opened its doors in 1983. In 2003, a leadership training program called Kaléo began at Camp Qwanoes on Vancouver Island.
Briercrest began with 11 students in 1935 and it now has over 20,000 alumni serving God in more than 80 countries around the world.