A number of our degree programs at Briercrest College have additional required steps in the application process. Find out if your program of interest has any specific requirements by taking a look at the programs listed below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about what’s required for your program.
Applied Linguistics: TESOL
In addition to the regular application steps, you will need to complete the following:
- The Language Awareness Test (LAT)
- The Applied Linguistics:TESOL application essay
- An interview with the program coordinator of the Applied Linguistics: TESOL program.
International applicants whose first language is not English require the following English proficiency score requirements:
- TOEFL iBT – overall 101 with a minimum of 23 in Listening, 24 in Reading, 27 in Speak and 27 in Writing
- IELTS Academic – overall 7 with a minimum of 7 in each skill area
- High School graduation from a high school in Canada, including minimum English Grade 12 score of 70%
This portion of the application will take place after the regular application process. Your admissions adviser will notify you when the program specific application can be started.
In addition to the standard admissions requirements, you will need to have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 65 per cent in four academic grade 12 courses, including at least one academic English course.
Kaléo Certificate at Camp Qwanoes
In addition to the regular application steps, you will need to complete:
- Two character references using this form on the Kaléo website
- An interview with the program coordinator of the Kaléo Program.
- Criminal Record Check (to be obtained after acceptance, if offered)
The interview will take place after we have received your regular application and both reference forms.
Learn more about the Kaléo program.
In addition to the standard admissions requirements, you will need to have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 70 per cent in four academic grade 12 courses, including at least one academic English course.