Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become champions pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport. Briercrest Athletics aims to be the premier athletic program amongst Christian educational institutions in Canada and will develop high performing student-athletes, and teams, marked by their depth of character, quality academic performance (including the breadth of learning and the intellectual preparation for life), and spiritual transformation. The Athletic Director holds a key role in pursuing this vision for athletics at BCS. The Athletic Director has leadership responsibility for all competitive and recreational activities related to the operations of Briercrest Athletics.
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Have strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- The willingness and capacity to engage in institutional leadership in a manner that minimizes isolation of athletics and maximizes its engagement in institutional life
- A high level of personal and professional conduct
- Value and practice collaborative leadership within a department context
- A demonstrated ability to grow competence and leadership capacity in others
- Understand and value the priority academics must play in the student athlete’s life
- Experience within College or University Athletics would be an asset
- Ability to sign and intentionally adhere to Briercrest’s Institutional Covenant
- Builds and follows a strategic plan to accomplish the vision and goals of BCS Athletics
- Prepares, monitors and oversees the budget for BCS Athletics
- Coordinate and facilitate Alumni relations and fundraising initiatives within the BCS Development Department’s overall strategy
- Lead BCS Athletics to achieve significant participation and performance in league competition
- Builds and grows a team that models leadership, in sport and life, consistent with the eternal hope we have in Jesus
- Maintain, revise and develop policies and practices necessary for the successful operation of the department
- Provide administrative and staffing leadership to the department
- Promote and facilitate the health, safety and general well-being of all department personnel and student-athletes
- Oversees all the athletic facilities in dialogue and collaboration with BCS Campus Operations personnel
- Oversee membership and compliance with leagues and associations related to athletic activities.
- Support the BCS Athletics chaplaincy program and the role it plays in the lives of our athletes
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor as consistent with overall role
- A department that is well run and a significant contributor to institutional success
- An athletic department that shares a vision and responsibility for achieving BCS’s mission and vision
- Development of a significant Alumni base that is engaged and contributing to our programs
- Teams that achieve significant participation and success in league competition
- Promotion of health and wellness as a value for staff and students
- An athletic and recreation program that bring significant value to all students
- An athletic department that works in partnership with Briercrest Christian Academy and our partners.
- Reports to the VP in charge of overseeing athletics.
- Oversees all Briercrest Athletics staff either directly or through delegation
- Member of President's council
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.