Alex Cheing, PhD
- Introduction to Marketing, Business Law
- Principles of Leadership and Administration
- Current Issues in Marketing
Blended approach based on situational context. Holistic-focused business perspectives.
Prior to entering academia, Alex Cheing has over a decade of telecommunication industry experience in Asia with Maxis, Celcom, DKSH, and Samsung. He started his career with British Market Research Bureau, UK in 2004. He had held various positions in business development, channel management, regional marketing, and market research.
Alex taught at Methodist Pilley Institute in Malaysia before moving to Canada in 2018. He serves on the Editorial Review Board for Asian Journal of Business Research, British Food Journal, and Young Consumers.
PhD Business Administration, Asia e University, 2018
MSc Business Administration, Open University Malaysia, 2012
Bachelor of Business Studies, Charles Sturt University, 2003
Cert Sustainable Business Strategy, Harvard Business School, 2021
Strategy in Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Business Model Sustainability
Consumer Travel Behaviour
Khan, K.S., Memon, A.M., Cheing, A. & Ting, H. (2021). Organizational Citizenship Behaviour and the Mediating Role of Organizational Commitment: A Study of Private Universities. International Journal of Business and Society, 22 (1), 14-32. https://doi.org/10.33736/ijbs.3160.2021
- Cheing, A., Hong, E.H., Kuek, T.Y.,Chai, B.H.B. & Cham, T.H. (2020). Social Media Effectiveness Indicators of Microenterprise Strategic Planning. Asian Journal of Business Research, 10 (1), 150-166.
- Rajuli, K., Cheing, A., Adruce, S.A.Z., Ting, H., Usop, H.H., & Memon, M.A. (2017). Knowledge Sharing Traits and Competitive Advantage: A Qualitative Inquiry. e-Journal of Social & Behavioral Research in Business, 8 (2), 29-44.