Home School Graduate
Take a look at the steps below as you begin the application process to Briercrest College. We want to help make your application process as smooth as possible, so please contact us if you have any questions.
Review Admission Requirements
- Be a professing and practicing Christian.
- This includes understanding and respecting the Briercrest Statement of Faith.
- Commit to live by the standards set out by Briercrest College and Seminary.
- This includes agreeing to live by the Briercrest College Student Responsibilities and Expectations
- Have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 65 per cent in five approved courses which must include a grade of at least 60 per cent in one academic English course.
- Complete and submit all portions of the College Application Portfolio.
Take a detailed look by reading our full admission requirements.
Complete online application
When you’re ready to apply, fill out the Online Application Form
Submit official documents
Students who have been home schooled are eligible for admission with regular student status. There are two ways for home schooled students to demonstrate their academic readiness...
- Graduating with a provincial diploma: If your grade 12 studies are officially registered with your province’s Ministry of Education, the Admissions Office will need to receive an official transcript from the province. Admission to Briercrest College will be based on completion of at least three university-preparatory grade 12 courses (including one academic English course with a grade of at least 60 percent) with a minimum average of 65 percent.
- Graduating without a provincial diploma: Home schooled students not registered with their province or state will be considered for admission on the basis of one or more of the following assessment tools:
- Independent third party examinations, such as...
- SAT with a minimum score of 1150; or
- ACT with a minimum average of 22
- A portfolio which includes...
- a complete list of high school subjects completed, with grades (independent third party statement of grades preferred)
- academic writing samples
- a résumé demonstrating work and volunteer experience
- an educational reference
Acknowledging that each student’s educational experience is unique, we take the evaluation process seriously because we want to see each student succeed at the postsecondary level. The Admissions Office may ask for more information in order to make an admission decision and may offer acceptance with conditions until academic readiness can be achieved.
Send documents to:
Briercrest College Admissions
510 College Dr
Caronport SK S0H 0S0
Please take note of the following:
- Once accepted, you will be required to pay a $200 non-refundable confirmation deposit. This deposit will be credited toward paying your tuition, and will confirm your intention of attending the College.