Student Financial Advisor
- Mission: Briercrest College and Seminary (BCS) is a community of rigorous learning that calls students to seek the kingdom of God, to be shaped profoundly by the Scriptures and to be formed spiritually and intellectually for lives of service.
- The mission of the BCS Academic Services office is to provide excellent student support and service to all BCS students in the areas of academic advising, registration, financial services, records, and general academic information. The accurate, courteous, and timely response to all inquiries is vital in accomplishing the mission of Academic Services.
- The Student Finance Office (SFO) provides service to all students in the areas of cost of attendance, payment plans, student loans and scholarships, and the application of internal and external financial process and policies.
- The SFO facilitates all financial awards just as Finance facilitates all institutional finances. As such the SFO provides feedback to the many areas throughout the institution who own financial award policy and budgets (e.g., Enrolment, Student Development, Human Resources).
- The Academic Services office is an environment with many administrative functions and needs. The Student Financial Advisor (SFA) plays an essential support role in the ongoing activities of the office. This is a role which requires working closely with students and employees from various departments in the organization. The successful applicant will be one who learns quickly, adapts easily, and enjoys working with students and in a team environment.
- This position is 40 hours per week.
- Actively supports the mission and vision of Briercrest College and Seminary.
- Has completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
- Has experience or training in financial functions (e.g., budgeting, payment policy, payment plan negotiation, implementation of government standards, etc.).
- Enjoys working with students as well as performing administrative tasks.
- Works well within a team, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competently utilizes relevant software tools (i.e., MS Office and BEAM).
- Possesses strong organizational and administrative skills and is able to complete projects autonomously.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
Snapshot: Facilitate student account management (pre-admission to post-graduation), financial awards, and study visa processes.
- Assist students and parents in clarifying the student’s financial commitments and help to create a strategy to meet the financial demands of private high school and/or post-secondary education at Briercrest College and Seminary.
- Provides guidance in collaboration with Finance for student account monitoring to ensure struggling accounts are handled according to institutional policy.
- Work with the Enrolment department to ensure all new students have appropriate financial information before they arrive. This will include public presentations to students and their families.
- Work with Finance to manage student account payment process and policy.
- Work with Finance to ensure payment information and tuition and fees are current on website.
- Perform administrative functions for all processes related to student financial awards.
- Collaborate with External Relations to ensure donated financial awards are established and managed according to institutional policy.
- Provide support to the Enrolment team to understand and promote financial awards and Briercrest’s philosophy thereof.
- Collaborate with the Student Success Centre on student success contracts that involve a financial component.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- The SFA functions as part of the Academic Services team.
- The SFA reports to the Assistant to the Registrar.
- The SFA is a non-voting member of the Scholarship and Awards Committee which oversees the dispersal of all financial awards available through Briercrest College and Seminary.
- The SFA collaborates extensively with the Finance team and their designate for student account monitoring.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.