Job PostingsThursday, April 5, 2018
- Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become champions pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport
- This position will both assist and lead in the execution of the overall athletic plan
- This full-time position is broken into two parts
- Men’s and Women’s soccer coach
- Games day coordinator
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related experience as a player or coach
- Has completed or is completing appropriate certification for post-secondary athletics
- Administrative, technical and financial skills needed to be successful at the role
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
The candidate will be responsible to positively contribute to the department through decisions and actions focused to further the department and the institution. They will be expected to contribute to internal and external relationships regarding department and team work. They will be fiscally responsible in their budget management.
The candidate will focus efforts on the building both programs they are involved with through recruitment and retention of mission fit players. They will also work with the development of our alumni through alumni weekend and other opportunities that are presented. They will help with the development of summer camp programs. They will develop and maintain markers of success for the players and the team. They will be asked to be innovative in their coaching approach for both their games and for practice planning. The candidate will be responsible for the development of the athletes both in and out of the athletic arena, building into them spiritually, academically, and personally. They will be responsible to promote an atmosphere for where spiritual and academic success is valued at an elite level.
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of the department games day plan for our department events. They will work with the other department staff as we deliver our events to our institution and community. They will develop the atmosphere and environment that will be enjoyable for those in attendance.
- This position will report to Athletic Director.
- This position will work with the athletic department staff and other coaches
This position will begin as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Please submit electronic resumes to the Human Resources Office at email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.